著者
Satomi Ishihara Shinya Hiramitsu Koshiro Kanaoka Mizuri Taki Hitoshi Nakagawa Tomoya Ueda Ayako Seno Taku Nishida Kenji Onoue Tsunenari Soeda Tomohito Ohtani Makoto Watanabe Rika Kawakami Yasushi Sakata Kazuomi Kario Yoshihiko Saito
出版者
The Japanese Circulation Society
雑誌
Circulation Journal (ISSN:13469843)
巻号頁・発行日
pp.CJ-22-0032, (Released:2022-05-25)
参考文献数
33
被引用文献数
1

Background: Although B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal (NT)-proBNP are commonly used markers of heart failure, a simple conversion formula between these peptides has not yet been developed for clinical use.Methods and Results: A total of 9,394 samples were obtained from Nara Medical University, Jichi Medical University, and Osaka University. We randomly selected 70% for a derivation set to investigate a conversion formula from BNP to NT-proBNP using estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) and body mass index (BMI); the remaining 30% was used as the internal validation set and we used a cohort study from Nara Medical University as an external validation set. Multivariate linear regression analysis revealed a new conversion formula: log NT-proBNP = 1.21 + 1.03 × log BNP − 0.009 × BMI − 0.007 × eGFR (r2=0.900, P<0.0001). The correlation coefficients between the actual and converted values of log NT-proBNP in the internal and external validation sets were 0.942 (P<0.0001) and 0.891 (P<0.0001), respectively. We applied this formula to samples obtained from patients administered with sacubitril/valsartan. After treatment initiation, NT-proBNP levels decreased and actual BNP levels increased. However, the calculated BNP levels decreased roughly parallel to the NT-proBNP levels.Conclusions: This new and simple conversion formula of BNP and NT-proBNP with eGFR and BMI is potentially useful in clinical practice.

言及状況

外部データベース (DOI)

Twitter (13 users, 13 posts, 86 favorites)

収集済み URL リスト