著者
小野木 重勝
出版者
一般社団法人 日本建築学会
雑誌
日本建築学会論文報告集 (ISSN:03871185)
巻号頁・発行日
vol.195, pp.75-81,98, 1972-05-30 (Released:2017-08-22)

The construction of Meiji Kyuden (the Imperial Palace) was commenced in 1883 and completed in 1888. The Bureau of the Imperial Palace Construction was the largest system of constructions in Meiji Era which was set up in 1882 and employed many engineers. These engineers were constituted writh the engineers of the Department of Public Works and the Imperial Household Agency and the other office. This paper describes on the change of the organigaation, the number of engineers, their past record, their careers in the construction works and considers on the significance which the Imperial Palace Construction had in the process of the development of Meiji Era's architectures.
著者
小野木 重勝
出版者
一般社団法人日本建築学会
雑誌
日本建築学会論文報告集 (ISSN:03871185)
巻号頁・発行日
no.196, pp.73-81, 95, 1972-06-30

有栖川宮邸は, 有栖川宮二品仁熾親王の殿邸であり, 明治4年以来殿邸にあてられていた芝浜崎町二番地の同宮邸が, 皇太后宮の御避難所にあてられることになったため, 明治8年7月に麹町区霞ケ関一丁目二番地の副島種臣邸1万1千93坪を買上げ, 同年8月28日に移転された。しかし, 既存建物が老朽化していたため, 明治13年より殿邸の改築が企てられ, 工部省営繕局の担当で工事が実施され, そのうちの洋館はコンドルの設計によるもので明治17年7月に竣工している。同年4月より宮内省内匠課の担当で着手した庭園工事は, 翌18年6月に完成し, 有栖川宮邸としての体裁を完全にととのえることになる。「コンドル博士遺作集」は「荘重なる復興式となし, 内部諸室の意匠も都て此方針に拠れり。本建物は蓋し皇族の御殿を純洋風に造りたる嚆矢にして, 永く後の模範となりたり」と伝えている。明治29年になって, 邸地が宮内省に買上げられ, さらに31年には建物など一切が買上げられ, 37年2月8日に宮家から引渡しがあり, 2月13日付で霞関離宮となったもので, 大正10年より同12年まで東宮仮御所となり, また, 大正13年より昭和12年まで日本館が, 帝室林野局庁舎として使用されたこともあった。